, 2-minute read
Updated March 11th, 2020
Quick Case Study: Security Assessment
Mid-sized manufacturing business, under $50 million
Issue: Suffered a recent ransomware attack. Rather than pay the ransom, they shut down their operations for a week to remediate the problem. They called us after the remediation.
- Backups on main server had been failing every day for a week.
- Excessive missing security patches
- Low disk space
- Servers in extended support
- No discernible business continuity planning, e.g., they were using tape backup’s and therefor were unable to restore the entire business quickly, including data and applications.
- Onsite visit found that they were storing their tapes outside of the server room.
- Their servers were less than 36 months old, so we didn’t recommend replacing them, but they did have a space issue.
- Eliminate tape backup
- Use a Business Disaster Recovery (BDR) and Business Continuity (BC) solution to give both onsite and offsite backup. Ideally this solution will perform multiple backups a day with ZERO interruption to workflow.
- This BDR and BC solution would have virtualization capabilities. That way if there’s ever a problem with a server, the machine can be used a temporary server.
- Verify backups daily
- Advanced endpoint security to proactively detect and remediate threats.
Call us today for your Free Network and Security Assessment. You’ll be glad you did.
Save money, time, and your reputation
Call Consilien today for a free data and network security assessment.
We have been providing secure IT solutions since 2001. We are discrete and will work with your in-house IT team to give you an assessment that will determine the vulnerabilities in your network, security loopholes, and other hidden problems.
What are you waiting for? Please call us today for more information or to schedule an appointment at 866.680.3388 .
Protect Your Business.
Subscribe to "The Consilien Report" and exclusive and actionable security news and content.